Sunday, February 27, 2011

Texas with the Folks

We returned from the Florida Keys to snow and decided to head back to warmer weather and visit my parents in Harlingen, Texas. We went to our first jam and it was actually alot of fun. I secretly told them it was my Dad's 79th birthday and they surprised him with singing "happy birthday".

We attended "western day" in their park for a parade and entertainment. We had quite a few laughs about retirement in Texas with Terry and I thinking we weren't ready for this life.



The musicians at the jam were really good and anyone could get up to sing and participate. I would have joined in but they didn't know Mony, Mony. We also went into to Mexico where Terry got a pedicure and a $4.00 haircut. I'm glad we took this time with my parents as life's too short but they are more active than we are!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cowboy hat! Great picture of your parents.